Minor in Japanese
University of Oregon undergraduate students must complete an academic major to graduate; they may also complete additional majors, minors, or both. The department of East Asian Languages and Literatures also offers a minor in Japanese to undergraduate students.
The Japanese minor requires a minimum of 24 credits, composed of at least three language courses and two content courses. Students may choose their sixth course from either category.
- Language – a minimum of 3 language courses at 3rd year or higher
- JPN301 Third-Year Japanese
- JPN302 Third-Year Japanese
- JPN303 Third-Year Japanese
- JPN411 Fourth-Year Japanese
- JPN412 Fourth-Year Japanese
- JPN413 Fourth-Year Japanese
- Culture/Literature/Film/Linguistics – minimum of 2 courses from the following
- JPN305 Introduction to Japanese Literature
- JPN306 Introduction to Japanese Literature
- JPN307 Introduction to Japanese Literature
- JPN315 Introduction to Japanese Linguistics
Upper-division language courses must be taken at the University of Oregon or through an Oregon State System of Higher Education program in Korea. Lower-division courses must be passed with grades of P or C- or better; upper-division courses must be passed with grades of C- or better.