Minor in Chinese
University of Oregon undergraduate students must complete an academic major to graduate; they may also complete additional majors, minors, or both.The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures offers a minor in Chinese to undergraduate students.
The Chinese minor (check list) requires a minimum of six courses, comprised of at least three language courses and two content courses. Students may choose their sixth course from either category.
- Language – a minimum of 3 language courses at 3rd year or higher from the following
- CHN301 third year Chinese
- CHN302 third year Chinese
- CHN303 third year Chinese
- CHN411 fourth year Chinese
- CHN412 fourth year Chinese
- CHN413 fourth year Chinese
- Culture/Literature/Film/Linguistics – a minimum of 2 courses from the following
- CHN305 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN306 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN307 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN308 Literature of Modern Taiwan
- CHN480 Chinese Linguistics
Upper-division language courses must be taken at the University of Oregon or through an Oregon State System of Higher Education program in China. Lower-division courses must be passed with grades of P or C- or better; upper-division courses must be passed with grades of C- or better.