Minor in Chinese
University of Oregon undergraduate students must complete an academic major to graduate; they may also complete additional majors, minors, or both.The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures offers a minor in Chinese to undergraduate students.
The Chinese minor requires a minimum of 6 upper-division courses (a minimum of 24 graded credits), which must consist of at least 3 language courses, 2 courses in literature, linguistics, and or culture, and a sixth course that has any of CHN or EALL subject code. At least three of the six courses must be taken in residence on the University of Oregon campus from the Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures.
- Language – a minimum of 3 language courses at 3rd year or higher from the following
- CHN301 third year Chinese
- CHN302 third year Chinese
- CHN303 third year Chinese
- CHN411 fourth year Chinese
- CHN412 fourth year Chinese
- CHN413 fourth year Chinese
- Culture/Literature/Film/Linguistics – a minimum of 2 courses from the following
- CHN305 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN306 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN307 History of Chinese Literature
- CHN308 Literature of Modern Taiwan
- CHN480 Chinese Linguistics
Upper-division language courses must be taken at the University of Oregon or through an Oregon State System of Higher Education program in China. Lower-division courses must be passed with grades of P or C- or better; upper-division courses must be passed with grades of C- or better.