Due to the COVID-19, UO commencement activities, including departmental ceremonies, will not be held as in-person events this year. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks. Please refer to the UO Commencement web site, https://commencement.uoregon.edu, for updates.
East Asian Languages and Literatures
the Asian Studies Program
When – Sunday, June 14th, 4-5:30pm
Where – EMU Redwood Auditorium
- Registration Deadlines – all student planning on graduating Spring term must apply to graduate by the appropriate deadline
- Graduate Students must apply to graduate in GradWeb by April 10th
- Undergraduate Students must apply to graduate in DuckWeb by April 10th
- Once you have registered via GradWeb or DuckWeb, your name will automatically be printed in the Spring 2020 commencement program
- Regalia – EALL and the Asian Studies program request that you wear regalia to the ceremony, which can be purchased at the UO Duck Store. Mark you calendars – The Duck Store’s annual GradFair is scheduled for April 6th-9th.
- RSVP – In an effort to determine how many students and guest will be attending the ceremony, it is requested that you RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodations – Seating is available for those in wheelchairs and with mobility impairments. Also, sign language interpretation will be provided upon request. If you or your guests would like to request either of these services, please contact Leah Foy, email@example.com
- Pictures – Grad Images is the official photographer for the ceremony. Proofs will be sent via email within 3 to 5 business days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by email. Graduates will be able to view images by visiting www.gradimages.com in the weeks following graduation. Grad Images will send each graduate an email with a specific pin so you can log-on and access your photos.
- Information about the main ceremony can be found on the Division of Student Life web site, https://commencement.uoregon.edu/ .
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register? What time should I show up at the venue? Registration for graduating majors who wish to participate in the commencement ceremony takes place at the venue the day of the ceremony. Graduates should plan to arrive a half hour early to ensure enough time to fill out a registration card and to join their fellow graduates in the line for the processional march. Graduates should plan to arrive at the EMU Redwood Auditorium at 3:30pm. The EALL/Asian Studies ceremony will begin promptly at 4:00 pm.
- I’m not graduating until Summer or Fall of 2020. May I participate in the Spring ceremony? Students who have applied on time for graduation in or before Spring term will have their names printed in the commencement program and are welcome to attend the ceremony, where their names will be read aloud as they walk across the stage. Students who are graduating in the Summer or at a later date are welcome to “walk” in the Spring ceremony and have their names read aloud as they walk across the stage; however the names of Summer or Fall 2020 graduates will NOT appear in the program.
- I graduated in the Fall of 2019 or Winter of 2020. Can I come to the Spring Ceremony? Yes! The printed commencement program will include the names of all graduating majors from the Fall 2019, Winter 2020, and Spring 2020 terms. In addition to having your name printed in the program, your name will be announced as you walk across the stage.
- How many guests can I bring to graduation? All family members and friends are welcome to attend the EALL/Asian Studies ceremony. There is no limit on the number of guests and tickets are not needed. Guests will be allowed ti sit on a first-come-first-serve basis at the department ceremony as there will be plenty of seats available. However, tickets are required to attend the main University ceremony. Please let Leah Foy, leahf@uoregon, with your estimated amount of attendees.
- What do I need to do for graduation?
- Apply for graduation in Duckweb for undergraduate students and in Gradweb for graduate students. The deadline is Friday, April 20th
- Purchase your regalia from the UO Duck store. You can shop for regalia at the the UO Duck Store during Grad Fair ( April 6th-9th).